June 15, 2018
As the weather heats up, you should make sure that your AC is capable of keeping you and your loved ones cool and comfortable all summer long. If you notice that it hasn’t been working as well as it used to, paying attention to some signs may help you to determine whether you need repairs or you should start looking for a replacement. Here are a few ways that you can troubleshoot problems with your cooling system:
- Issues starting up. Your AC should be able to turn on – and stay on – whenever you need it to. If you notice that it’s been having some start up issues, you may need repairs or replacement before the weather really heats up. You should be able to rely on your cooling system to stay cool and comfortable all summer long.
- Thermostat problems. When you turn on your thermostat, it should be able to reach the desired temperature with ease. If it doesn’t cool down as much as you would like, give Custom Climate a call.
- Airflow inconsistencies. If your airflow is weak or your cooling is inconsistent through your home, it’s a sign that your AC may no longer be able to handle the requirements of your home. A professional will be able to locate the source of the problem and go over your options with you.
- Moisture. Condensation causes mold and mildew to grow at a rapid rate. These contaminants, when left to accumulate, can spread into your air supply through your AC or ventilation system.
- Strange odors. The air coming from your AC shouldn’t smell like anything. A musty smell is a sign of mold or mildew buildup inside the unit or connecting ducts. A rotten egg or meat smell may be a sign that pests are present. Burning smells need to be addressed as well.
- Strange sounds. The older the AC, the more likely it is to make noise. All models have a fan, so they aren’t ever completely soundless. If you hear any loud bangs or whistles, it could be caused by buildup, broken fan motor, or a worn-down fan belt. These problems can escalate over time, so it’s best to have them repaired as soon as possible.
- Frequent cycling. This can happen for several reasons, but a Custom Climate professional will be able to locate the source of the problem.
- Model Size. Some of these issues are caused by one simple thing– the size of your AC unit. If it’s too big or too small, it won’t be able to properly cool your home.
Why Choose Custom Climate?
We never want you to worry about your AC breaking down in the middle of the hottest time of the year. With our AC specialists on the job, you won’t have to. Some of the major benefits of our AC repair services include:
- Providing the most comfortable and healthiest indoor environment possible for your family and employees
- Saving money with the energy you save with your efficient AC units
- Manufacturing better airflow throughout your home or office
- Staying cool and calm throughout the “dog days” of summer
- Keeping your current AC system alive and well for a longer period of time
No matter what problems your air conditioning system may be experiencing, you can have peace of mind knowing that we can help! Call today to schedule your service.