May 21, 2018
As the weather heats up, you will likely be spending more time indoors to keep cool. During this time spent indoors with your AC running, your windows will be closed and less air will be able to circulate. It’s important that your AC is working properly and efficiently, as a damaged or outdated machine can potentially damage your air quality. While you and your loved ones are indoors to stay cool and comfortable, your air should be safe and breathable. Here are some common AC problems that can affect your indoor air quality:
AC Problems That May Affect Your Air Quality
- Dirty filter. Your filter is responsible for literally filtering out impurities in your airflow before its delivered and dispersed throughout your home via a central air system. Your air filter should be changed often, every few months is best. This is especially important during periods of extended use, like the summer months. When the filter becomes dirty and clogged with dust, hair, dander, pollen, or any other debris that may make their way in, your air quality can be compromised.
- Excess water. If your air conditioner is leaking any excess fluid or it has more condensation than usual, it may be harming your indoor air quality. Leftover liquids can leave you with mold or mildew growth. These spores can grow and spread at a rapid rate. If in or around your air system, they can easily be blown into your home.
- Duct problems. If your duct system is damaged, it’s possible for debris to build up inside. Because your ducts deliver air directly through your vents, whatever may be built up inside will be delivered as well.
- Loud noises or strange odors. These are signs that your system may be broken or running inefficiently. Because these problems can escalate, you should have a professional fix the problem.
- Old or inefficient equipment. Any system that is old, outdated, or running inefficiently has the potential to damage the air quality in your home. If your air conditioning system is out of date, you should consider a replacement. Newer technologies are more efficient and will help to keep the air in your home safe and breathable for years to come.
Why Choose Custom Climate?
Our main concern is your safety. If you think that your AC is affecting your air quality, call us as soon as possible. Our trained and certified technicians will be able to find a problem with your system and fix it to protect your air quality. Other benefits of choosing Custom Climate for AC maintenance and repair are:
- Knowing your family will be healthy and comfortable in your home regardless of the temperature outside
- Custom-built AC solutions for your home that doesn’t break the bank
- Properly air-conditioned home with improved air quality
- An AC unit that sustains its functionality and effectiveness for years to come
- Lower energy bills with a more reliable and efficient AC system
Don’t wait until it’s too late – call Custom Climate HVAC today for all of your HVAC needs.