January 28, 2016
There are many things that can go wrong with your heating system requiring the attention of our emergency heating service in Mount Pleasant. Residential fires are obviously the most threatening possibility, especially at this time of year when reliance on heating systems is at a high rate. Sure, maybe your home is equipped with the latest, high-tech heating system, but one question remains: how safe is it? What many homeowners don’t know is that having a well-working heating system during the winter simply isn’t enough. You also need to ensure the safety of your family!
At Custom Climate, we can offer emergency heating service in Mount Pleasant that will take care of any problems you’re experiencing with furnaces, heat pumps, duel fuel hybrid systems, and more! We can perform any installation, repair, or replacement you may need that will provide you with heating that is both safe and effective. And best of all, we’re also here to provide you with 24/7 service so you can get assistance at any time of the day!
Our Heating Safety Tips
No matter if it’s you own a furnace or a heat pump, you need to take action in ensuring safety and security in your home. Please take note of the following safety tips:
- Seek Professional Maintenance: It’s recommended you seek professional heating system maintenance at least once a year. While there are certainly many ways you can maintain your furnace throughout the year, a professional can inspect your heating system to the last detail, and repair any problems before they worsen.
- Keep a 3-Foot Distance: While 3-foot distance from heating systems is recommended for flammable objects, it isn’t limited to household objects. If you have small children or pets in your home, also keep them three feet away from heating systems so they avoid harm.
- Test Smoke Alarms: Your smoke alarm may be the biggest lifesaver in your home, so it’s more than important to test it regularly. Smoke alarms should detect any traces of smoke quickly and alert you at any time, even during the middle of the night. Please test them monthly.
- Keep Chimneys Clean: While chimneys are effective releasing hot flue gas from furnaces and fireplaces, have your chimney swept and inspected every year by a professional at least once a year to reduce the amount creosote buildup.
- Seek Professional Installation: Never settle for anyone less than a licensed, experienced professional to handle heating system installation. While there are certainly handymen out there who can do the job, there is a higher risk of paying more money for lesser quality work and system malfunctions.
- Never Heat Home with Oven: Many homeowners who heat their home with an oven are unware this action can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, which can lead to serious health problems, even death. In short, don’t do it.
Contact Custom Climate today if you need emergency heating service in Mount Pleasant and of course, follow these helpful tips!