August 12, 2015
During our installation, maintenance and repair work with HVAC in Charleston, we often see the same problems over and over again. However, it’s important for homeowners to understand that they can avoid most of these problems by taking better care of their air conditioners.
Top Problems with HVAC in Charleston
Problems with your AC can start small and become more problematic over time. That’s why it’s crucial that you regularly have your appliance tuned up. Here are some of the most common AC problems:
- The air conditioner has mold or mildew in the filter. Failing to clean or replace the filter (depending on the appliance) can lead to moisture being captured in it. Especially when temperatures are higher than normal, this can result in mold and mildew growth, which can be harmful to your health.
- The AC makes a lot of noise. If you haven’t performed any upkeep on your AC, parts can get dislodged and create a lot of noise when the appliance is in use.
- The appliance doesn’t cool properly. If the AC doesn’t cool the air to the desired temperature, or if it doesn’t cool it consistently, then the thermostat is probably broken and needs replacing.
- The AC isn’t energy-efficient anymore. High energy bills and a lack of performance indicate that your appliance doesn’t work as well as it should. Sometimes this can be resolved with a simple maintenance visit, but in other cases, the appliance will need to be replaced.
- The air conditioner leaks. If you notice water leaking from the unit, it usually indicates a clog or leak in the condenser line. Cleaning or replacing this line will resolve the problem.
Call the Experts
To ensure your air conditioner is always in good shape, you’re best advised to schedule regular maintenance appointments with the HVAC specialists at Custom Climate Heating and Air Conditioning. With more than 14 years of experience serving residential and commercial customers in the Charleston area, we provide top-rated services you can rely on! So don’t sweat it out by yourself: call Custom Climate at 843-751-4711 today!