March 17, 2016
As winter weather melts into spring temperatures, it will finally be time to put away that cold weather gear. Summer heat will have you spending time by the pool, but without spring AC maintenance in Mount Pleasant, SC, it also means that you’ll be spending a lot of time sweating. Your air conditioner spent the last several months sitting in neglect, and it needs proper maintenance to get it ready for summer. Spring is the perfect time to take advantage of the services offered by Custom Climate. They specialize in AC maintenance in Mount Pleasant, SC and they’re here to keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. Here are 5 tips to keep your air conditioner in good condition.
- Check the Thermostat: Your thermostat settings could have easily changed during the long winter months. Check the settings to make sure that they’re still where you want them to be. You can set the temperature, and many air conditioners also allow you to program the unit to achieve maximum efficiency and energy saving.
- Lubricate: Your air conditioning unit has several moving parts, and over time, that friction will wear them down, affect their function, and increase the amount of electricity that you use. Before you sentence your AC to three months of non-stop use, apply mechanical lubrication to all moving parts.
- Clean it Up: Your air conditioner collects dirt, dust, and other particulates that will seriously affect the unit’s efficiency and function. Carefully clean the evaporator, coils, and blower to reduce future problems and boost your system’s efficiency.
- Check the Refrigerant Level: The refrigerant is stored within the air conditioner’s coils and is essential in cooling and dehumidifying the air. The levels need to be just right to promote proper function and help your unit live a long, efficient life. Read your AC manual to determine what kind of refrigerant your unit needs, and adjust the levels if necessary.
- Change the Filter: The air filter is the only thing keeping dirt and dust out of the inner workings of your air conditioner. If it’s dirty or clogged, it isn’t doing its job. Start summer with a clean slate by replacing the air filter every spring.
Everyone looks forward to summer after a brutal winter, but once the temperatures start to rise, you’ll be depending on your air conditioner to keep you cool and comfortable. AC maintenance in Mount Pleasant, SC is an easy, affordable process when you hire Custom Climate. Call them today to schedule an appointment.